Ford F-150 pick-up trucks are probably the most popular and most powerful things on this planet. Everybody just loves them and the Blue-Oval announced the 2021 version of the world’s favorite pick-up truck. So let’s jump right in to know everything we can, about 2021 Ford F-150 Pick-up trucks.
2021 Ford F-150: The new Exterior
Ford claims that they changed each body panel for the 2021 F150, but it still remains the F-150 by its souls. An extension of just 0.7 inches in length and 0.75 inches in each wheel for a new width, has been the informed dimension changes of the F-150. Ford also claims that the new F-150 is the most aerodynamic ever; it has active grille shutters that close when cruising to improve fuel economy. An active front air dam will deploy at 40 mph, and automatically retract when the truck slows down.
Other than these minimal changes, the new 2021 Ford F-150 gets 11 different grilles for the various trims of the pick-up. These grilles can be flanked with halogens, or adaptive LED headlights that swivel to illuminate your path around corners. At each edge of the front-end is “C-clamp”-shaped LED running lights. The shape of the front accent lights is mirrored with red lights at the rear of the truck. These options allow the owner to customize the 2021 Ford F-150 for their own.
What’s about the new tech inside???
The simple and subtle touch is what makes the F-150 so refined class pick-up of this generation. But still, it is filled with ample tech to keep you entertained. These include driver-assistive systems, such as Pre-Collision Assist with Automatic Emergency Braking and Pedestrian Detection, a rearview camera with dynamic hitch assist, and Active Driver Assist which allows for hands-free driving on the highway and monitors your head position and gazes through a driver-facing camera.
Other than these, a standard 12.3-inch screen is fitted in the center of the dashboard as the infotainment system. The instrument cluster replaces the old analog gauges with a 4-inch digital screen, which can be upgraded to an optional 8-inch one. The connectivity supports Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, plus apps such as Waze and Ford+ Alexa.
Under the hood
The most exciting element, the big block that will power the 2021 Ford F-150 still remains suspense. We have already been teased by an electric variant, so powerful that it could tow 1.25 million pounds of rail cars. Rumors also included patents describing a semi skateboard layout under the skin, with motors and batteries packed in and around the conventional truck frame.
New Cool Features
- Powerboost hybrid drive train– The hybrid is surely on the cards for the 2021 launch. Ford is pairing the tried-and-true 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine with an electric motor and the 10-speed auto. Blue-Oval also aims at a towing capacity of over 12,000 pounds and a 700-mile plus range for the hybrid variant.
- Pro Power Onboard Generator– The talks were that a lot of owners were hauling around expensive (and prone to theft) generators. This new generation might actually carry an onboard generator in a separate variant for such buyers. This will come in 2.0-, 2.4-, and 7.2-kilowatt outputs, the latter two of which are only available on the PowerBoost. You’ll find up to four 120-volt outlets in the F-150’s bed, and even a 240-volt one in the 7.2-kW setup. That’s enough juice to power a whole worksite in some cases.
- Hideaway gear lever feature– The center space is always restricted due to the gear levers, and the Blue-Oval has found a solution to this. Hideaway gear levers in the center for limited trims of F-150. This will create an extended workspace, where you fit and use a 15-inch laptop very easily.
- Recliner seats- Known as Max Recline seats, these comfortable options will be limited to King Ranch, Platinum, and Limited models. These seats will fold to 180-degrees and bottom cushion raises slightly to meet the back cushion for more consistent surface across the entire length. Meanwhile, the upper back support rotates forward slightly to better support your upper body. The new F-150 will be more than just a vehicle, it will be home to many.
- Trailer Reverse Guidance– The trailer is like the missing piece to a puzzle for every F-150. Now fitted with Trailer Reverse Guidance, towing will no more be any daunting. This uses multiple cameras from around the truck’s exterior to provide different viewing angles for the driver. It also uses the infotainment screen to display graphical aids, telling drivers which way to turn the steering wheel.
If we missed any of your favorite features for the upcoming 2021 F-150, do tell us.