In the world of cars, the two words fast and comfortable are hard to find together in the spec list of a car. If and when you find them in a car, you can expect the price to be way out of the budget of an average buyer.
If you’re wondering how to save money on your purchase, it can be difficult, especially since vehicles are considered a hefty expense. However, there are some cars that you can buy for under 40 grand that are fast and comfortable. One such example is a used Dodge Charger. But that’s not the only one!
Let’s see the cars you can buy without breaking the bank which is comfortable and fast.
If you want to buy American, your best shot is a used Dodge Charger. This street-legal freak of a car is the finest from work of automotive engineering to ever come out of Detroit. The things that make it some of the best comfortable yet fast street legal cars ever include:
- Engine options from 300 to above 707 horsepower mean that you can get a used dodge charger that fits your needs.
- If you are fond of engine roars, the supercharged 6.2L 707hp hemi monster has one of the best exhaust notes ever.
- If you dare put the throttle to the floor, this bad boy can go from a standstill to 60mph in just above 3.5 seconds. You can “cruise” in this marvel of American automotive excellence at above 150mph.
- The car is a proper 4-door sedan that can comfortably seat 4 adults with plenty of head and legroom for all.
- The seats of this car, like any luxury vehicle, are heated and ventilated, and power-adjustable.
- The suspension is dynamic and you can set it to comfort or sports mode for family road trips or tearing the track down.
- It is believed that the Dodge Charger feasts on German cars with funny little V6s in them but that is not confirmed.
You can find these cars with less than 20,000 miles (we believe that is just the amount the tires need to rotate for warming up for the track) for under 30 grand. If that’s not a perfect deal for you, we don’t know what can be.
No car lineup is known more for luxury and speed in one package than the Mercedes S series. The S series is always confused with the Maybach trim that is outrageously expensive, but that is not totally true.
There are some models in the S series that are affordable for people like you and me. The S550 is one such car. It makes no compromises on speed or luxury and you can grab one for under 40 grand. It might have quite some miles on it but a German Luxury car that’s capable of 150+ mph is a bargain for that price.
The features that make the S550 a good candidate for being a fast yet comfortable car include:
- It has a 5.5 liter port-injected V8 under the hood. This monster produces above 400hp. This can catapult the massive sedan from a standstill to 60mph in under 5 seconds.
- Despite being so powerful the car gives a fuel economy of 25 miles to the gallon on the highway.
- Unlike the hardcore supercars, this car is a luxury family sedan. You can notice that when you floor it. It has massive acceleration but does that smoothly.
- The seats have an optional massage function but come standard with Nappa leather upholstery and power adjustment.
- The suspension of this car is tuned for comfort. It just floats over the road like you are traveling on some sort of a magic carpet.
- The noisiest thing in this car is the indicators. Nothing else is allowed to create any sound by the Germans.
If you ask us, a used Dodge charger can be a better option if you can compromise the sophistication for some muscle and a lot of saved cash.
If you like to live lowkey and still have a car that can kick a** on the road, Audi is what you need. The A5 to be specific. You can find these cars with low mileage for just under 30 grand. The things that make it a great car to have include:
- The 2.0L in-line 4 cylinder engine puts out just under 200hp, still going above 25 miles per gallon combined.
- This car has a top speed of more than 130mph.
- Simple design and German precision mean that this car is a dependable one.
- Audi’s Quattro AWD system ensures enough traction and stability no matter what the road conditions are.
- The car is available as a coupe, a sedan, a sportback, and even a cabriolet.
- Independent suspension on all four wheels provides optimum comfort and handling on all types of roads.
You cannot expect the performance a used Dodge Charger can get you from this car but if you want a reliable car, this is the one you need.
If you want to look really rich and travel in utter comfort, the Italians have an option for you. This car has up to 520hp engine options and can go to an astounding 171mph. All that in a luxury car that rivals Rolls Royce.
These things were crazy expensive when they came new. The base model for the 2021 model year still starts at $100,000. However, this car did not hold its price very well and you can find these for under 25 grand.
The things that make this car a good pick for a comfortable and fast option include:
- This is a true luxury car with everything from massage seats to a heated steering wheel and everything in between.
- The car has the looks of a real expensive sedan.
- It can do 0-60 in under 4 seconds.
- The multi-link suspension on all four wheels ensures a smooth and comfortable ride.
- An AWD drivetrain ensures smooth power delivery to the road and superb handling.
These were our top picks for the best fast yet comfortable used cars. While all of these cars have cool features, we recommend the Charger, and here’s why:
- Maintenance on this car is the least expensive.
- As the car is American, parts are readily available.
- This car has the most tuning potential. You can easily tune up that billet-block engine to put out upwards of 1000hp.