You are likely reading this article because you own a motorcycle and so you are caught in a bit of a dilemma about the bike spare parts that you want to buy so that your mechanic can do some essential maintenance on your ride. It can be very tempting to get cheaper parts because clearly, you don’t have to spend as much money but it is never a good idea and you end up replacing them again and again. This is why it is so crucial that you get genuine parts for your motorcycle because it can extend the life of your motorcycle and give you essential peace of mind as well.
You need to think of purchasing quality parts from ProRider Powersports as an investment in your motorcycle and as an investment in your rider safety as well. It is the top priority of your motor mechanic to keep your motorcycle in excellent shape and for him to do this, you need to provide quality parts whenever they need to be replaced. If this is your first motorcycle and you need a little bit more convincing about the benefits of choosing high-quality replacement parts for your motorcycle then maybe the following can help to educate you.
- Your motorcycle lasts longer – You already know this and it shouldn’t have to be explained to you because you have bought poor quality items in your past and you have always found that you had to replace them over and over again. This is why it is essential that you choose premium quality parts when it comes to your motorcycle because it will certainly last you a lot longer and it will cut down on the number of repairs that are needed. If you choose better quality parts then you also get to enjoy better fuel economy and your bike will perform a lot better.
- It is safer for you & your passengers – You need to know that every time you turn the key in the ignition and ride around your local area or further still that you are riding on a bike that has quality parts added and this cuts down on the number of accidents that you are involved in. One of the most important parts of any motorcycle is the brakes and these allow you to stop quickly and easily so that you can avoid being involved in an accident in the first place. If you are not using quality brake pads and other parts then you may not be able to stop on time.
- It’s a lot less hassle – If you are trying to find the cheapest parts possible then it’s going to take lots of effort on your part travelling around the various distributors and suppliers to find the part that you need. It just makes a lot more sense to purchase genuine parts from one place and that means that you can buy everything all under one roof. It makes choosing the right part somewhat easier as well because the old part will have a serial number on it and this can be easily keyed into the computer at your distributor and the part can be found quickly.
- It increases the resale value of your ride – There will come a time when you will want to sell your motorcycle to upgrade to something better and to make your motorcycle more attractive to potential buyers, you need to be able to tell them that you only fitted quality parts and that your mechanic insisted on them. You will be able to show the receipts from your purchases and the receipts from the work that your mechanic has carried out. This gives potential buyers essential peace of mind and they will be more inclined to make a higher offer.
- Availability when on the move – You are not always going to be riding your motorcycle around your local area and you may want to take an extended road trip to another city or another part of the country. If you do experience mechanical difficulties while travelling, it is reassuring to know that you can pull into any authorised dealership for the part that you need and they will have it in stock. This means it is more readily available to you and the mechanic that you choose and so the repair can be carried out more quickly.
- The parts have a warranty – If you purchase cheaper parts for your motorcycle then it is highly unlikely that they won’t come with any meaningful warranty at all. When you purchase parts that are genuine and from an authorised dealer then you are offered a warranty that provides you with the essential peace of mind that you need. Some suppliers even offer you an extended warranty period and so it would make sense for you to take advantage of this.
- Essential peace of mind – Having a motorcycle is all about enjoying the road and having the wind on your face and the sun on your back. It should not be however about worrying if the part that you have bought is good enough to get you to your final destination and so by fitting quality parts from a quality supplier, you are providing yourself with the peace of mind that every rider needs.
Hopefully, these reasons have convinced you about the importance of using quality parts for your motorcycle and of buying them from the right supplier. Once you have the part number, it is so easy to go online and actually order what you need from the comfort of your armchair or office chair. You can pay using your debit or credit card and then the part will be shipped out to you in a very short space of time. This means that your mechanic can perform the essential work that needs to be carried out and you can be back on the road in no time at all. Your life is complicated enough without making it more so and so always insist on quality and authorised spare parts for your ride.