In 2019, we saw the 2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350, and it just got better with the 2020 model giving us better dynamics, more aggressive suspensions, and fewer pounds to deal with in respect to its weight. Let us examine which of the below-listed cars will be regarded as a better sports car.
ENGINE SPECIFICATIONS OF THE GT350 AND GT500
Engine Specifications Shelby GT 350 Shelby GT 500
1. Engine Type 5.2L Ti-VCT V8 Engine 5.2L Supercharged V8 Engine
2. Displacement 5.2L (315 cu.ln) 5.2L (315 cu.ln)
3. Horsepower 526 @ 7,500 (93-octane fuel) 760 @ 7,500 (93-octane fuel)
4. Torque 429 @ 4,750 625 @ 5,000
5. Transmission Type 6-speed manual TREMEC 7-speed clutch
6. Engine Electronics PCM PCM
7. Fuel Delivery Port Fuel Injection Port Fuel Injection
8. Stability Control
9. Steering Selectable-Effort Electric Power Assisted (EPAS) with unique outer tie rods Three-mode Electric Power Assisted rack-and-pinion steering (EPAS)
10. Layout Front-Engine RWD, 4 Pass 2-door coupe Front-Engine, RWD, 4(2)-pass, 2-door coupe.
Looking at these specifications, the supercharged GT500 beats the GT350 with a 234-horsepower advantage and 196 lb-ft more torque.
The GT500 will be going in excess of 130MPH, while the fastest the GT350 travelled at is 119.6 MPH.
The GT500 is fitted with enormous 16.5-inch two-piece brake rotors plus Brembo six-piston callipers that are larger and stiffer than the GT350.
Ford has made it known that the new Shelby is the quickest, both in a straight line and around a racetrack. It changes the direction with sports-car precision, improving the excellence of the Shelby GT350 with even-wider capabilities.
The GT350 is really amazing, and it was remarkably called one of the best cars before the GT500 which is considered a supercar hunter in a way the last Dodge Viper ACR was.
The base price for the GT350 is $61,135 while that of the GT500 is $73,995. Will truly recommend that any buyer get extra money to get the GT500 for all its worth.